Monday 6 January 2014

A Highly Sensitive Approach to Calm My Jangled Nerves...

Well, today dawned with a lot of hope and conviction - a brand new week in a job I just started towards the latter part of the preceding week. I woke up to the melodious twittering and chirping of birds, a gentle breeze and a sky splashed with hues of pink, blue, magenta and everything else in between. However, being a HSP, I do tend to get extremely nervous in the mornings, aye, mornings aren't my regular cup of tea, I usually like to sleep right through, but that is not an option. There was one bright light at the end of the tunnel though - I managed to acquire the services of a shuttle to and from work! Blimey, that sure does beat the chaotic journey via public transport! Thank heavens for that!

We HSPs are endowed with an intricate web of idiosyncratic mannerisms to help neutralize our more than desirable tendency to fall down hard. Some of us love to listen to soft music, get engrossed in a book, take a gentle stroll in the park, compose poetry, write journals, visit a cemetery and so forth, well the list is endless. However, did you notice a certain similarity in the examples I've given? Aye, calmness and gentleness play a huge role in the life of a HSP. As I was on my way to work, I witnessed a scene so atrocious and harrowing, I started shaking, literally! I saw this man pummeling a wee doggie with an iron bar! I was filled with white-hot rage! I was about to ask the driver to stop the bus, but I noticed the dog managed to get away through the maze of concrete structures. Well, that episode sure did put a damper on the rest of my day. All sorts of images reverberated through my brain; it sure does not help my cause that I constantly keep myself abreast with current affairs either. I did gulp down 5 cups of Chamomile tea, yet I was still not able to calm and compose myself. I kept finding myself thinking of what happened to that poor pooch who was treated with such enmity and hatred. What drives people to be so spiteful? I find that sometimes the answers to such questions do help to calm my nerves. 

I must say that I could not really concentrate on my work today, yet I did the best I could and the reason is that we HSPs make for some of the most conscientious employees, yet we must be allowed to work on our own terms. Since we are extremely observant and meticulous, we do well in research. We are also extremely responsible, however we are often overlooked when it comes to promotions or recognition, aren't we? I speak through experience, through trial and error. Most, if not all of my peers are settled down, some of them are married as well. Whereas, I have been drifting from job to job, no matter how hard I try to settle down, something or someone comes along to pick me up like I'm a piece of trash and throw me on the wayside like some roadkill. There were times when I looked back and wondered what I have accomplished and what my future holds, but this is where the HSP sense of spirituality comes in. I have found great repose in religion, I tend to my wee garden and speak to my bonnie flowers. I feel so much at peace when I do that. 

I did say that I will be talking more about the attributes and characteristics of HSPs, my dear brothers and sisters. Thereby, I apologize for not doing so. I have been concentrating on that rather unfortunate event which still continues to haunt me even now as I write. I shall conclude this post for today my darlings. I am weary and exhausted, it sure was a long, arduous day. 

Please do not forget to leave your thoughts and ideas in the comments as to why people can grow so spiteful and harvest such hatred. 

I love you all immensely! God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment